1. Math - Test tomorrow. Complete both sides of the "new" review sheet to prepare for the test. All review sheets will be handed in tomorrow as part of homework. Also complete the TenMarks assessment if you didn't finish it in school. 2/3 of the students finished in class, and most remaining students are almost finished.
2. Reading - Read Chapter 9 of Shiloh and look for the issue of "trustworthiness." (Most students finished the reading in class. ) Also, read pages 50-73 of Number the Stars. (Many students started this assignment in class.)
3. Social Studies - Test and Note Check next Wednesday. Students should be studying a few handouts each night. The "study guide" is the first handout that students received on August 28, called the Unit Overview. The green "test announcement sheet" handed out yesterday gives study hints. It also explains how students should prepare their handouts for Note Check. Finally, there is a practice map on the back of the green sheet which needs to be completed before the test. This map will help them with the test.
Students have study resources on their Social Studies Google Classroom, including map quiz games and Quizlet flash cards. Students can access Google Classroom from their home tablet or computer by going to classroom.google.com. They will need to sign in with their own MBUSD Google Apps account. The username and password are in their agenda. If a parent is already signed in with a Google account (e.g. gmail), the student can (1) click on "add an account" or "use another account," or (2) use the Chrome browser to sign on in "incognito mode."
4. Scholar Speaks - The remaining students will share their oral presentations with us tomorrow.
5. Spelling - homework due and quiz tomorrow.