1. Math - Complete the 2nd page (front and back) of the review packet for Friday's test. If you didn't finish the two TenMarks assignments in class, please log-on at home to finish them. (Most students finished the first in class.) Use the hints, videos and explanations to help you. Students have their log-in and password in their agendas. They also have a "parent letter" from TenMarks with account instructions for parents.
2. Reading - Chapter 8 of Shiloh. Read pages 26-49 of Number the Stars. Number the Stars reading was started in class and most students have completed half of it. We will use Number the Stars (a 4th grade book) to write a group Kidblog book review. Since students already know the book from 4th grade, they will have a shared knowledge of plot, character, theme, and setting.
3. Scholar Speaks - Students choose 2 paragraphs for their Scholar Speaks presentation. They might need to "cut" some of the material or "add" more, as the speech should be about 2 minutes long. The oral presentation expectations are in the Scholar Speaks instruction packet.
4. Spelling - Homework due on Friday; quiz Friday.
5. Social Studies - Test and note check next Wednesday. Start studying now!