1. Reading - Finish your book by Tuesday. If students have followed the guidelines for the number of pages to read each day, they should be close to finishing the book.
2. Social Studies- Test on Monday on the Plains/Rocky Mountain states/capitals.
3. IRP Presentations - next week. I gave students "rings" to put their notecards on.
4. Wordly Wise - Lesson 15. Homework due next Friday; quiz Friday.
1. Reading - Read your group's novel to the agreed upon page. We will meet on Tuesday and Friday.
2. Social Studies - Quiz on the Rocky Mountain and Plains states and capitals will be on Monday, May 20.
3. IRP Presentations - Begin on Monday, May 20. Create your notecards of what you will say with each slide. Revise your slides if needed. Use the Google slides instruction sheet and the grading rubrics for speaking and slides to guide your work. Your presentation should be 5 minutes long.
1. Math - yellow SBAC pages 107-110
2. Reading - read to your new assigned page and be ready to meet with your group tomorrow to discuss your story.
3. Wordly Wise - Quiz tomorrow on Lesson 14. The Quizlet practice set is linked on Google Classroom. Workbook activities are due tomorrow.
4. Social Studies - Quiz on the Southeast States and capitals. We have practiced every day in class, but some students need additional at-home practice.
5. Root Words - test tomorrow. The test can be found below.
6. IRP Presentations - the week of May 20. Prepare your speech and note-cards.
1. Math -SBAC book pages 69-70, 74-76.
2. IRP - start preparing your oral presentation. Make note cards. You can borrow a "ring" for them from me. Revise your slides if necessary. Your speech and and slide presentation should "fit" together. Practice, using the rubric handed out today to guide your public speaking. Presentation dates were assigned today.
3. Wordly Wise - Lesson 14. Homework due on Friday; quiz Friday.
4. Social Studies - Quiz on SE states/capitals on Friday. Practice!
5. Root Words - HW due tomorrow; quiz on Friday.
5. Reading - Read to the assigned place to be ready for your group discussion on Friday.
Remember the MBMS Alumni Q&A Roundtable tomorrow morning! 7:30!
1. Math - SBAC bok 89-92
2. Reading - Read to NEW assigned page and be ready to meet with your group on Friday.
3. Scholastic News - Reread the magazine and be ready for a quiz tomorrow.
4. Root Words - homework due on Thursday, test on Friday.
5. SS - SE states/capitals quiz on Friday. Practice with the activities on Google Classroom.
6. Wordly Wise - test on 14 on Friday; finish workbook activities by Friday.
1. Math - SBAC pages 77-80
2. Reading - read to new assigned page for meeting with your group TOMORROW.
3. Wordly Wise - Lesson 14. Complete activities by Friday. Test Friday.
4. Scholastic News - Read the magazine. Quiz Wednesday. Students were given 10 minutes of class time to start this reading today.
5. Root Words - Test on Friday. The test is linked below. Students also have a copy. The practice test HW is due on Thursday. Students were given time in class today to check that they have all of their cards. They know to ask a friend to copy cards they might have missed due to absences.
6. Social Studies - SE states/capitals quiz on Friday.
1. Revolutionary War book - read to the new assigned page (for your group) by Tuesday. Be ready to continue the discussion about the setting, character, and problem.
2. Wordly Wise - Lesson 14 - Activities due next Friday; quiz on Friday
3. Scholastic News - Read the magazine to prepare for the Wednesday quiz.
4. Social Studies - Quiz on the Southeast states/capitals next Friday. Practice the activities on Quizlet.
Return Family Life Consent form!
1. Math - SBAC book: pages 5-6, 45-46, 51-52. Show work on all problems requiring calculations. No mental math.
2. Reading - Read assigned amount for your group. Look at the questions on the handout. Be ready to discuss with your group.
3. Wordly Wise - finish the workbook activities for Lesson 13. Quiz tomorrow. The Quizlet is posted on Google Classroom.
4. Social Studies - NE/GL states capitals quiz tomorrow. Spelling counts!